As I head out to Uganda this evening, I request your prayers for a number of significant events:
Godfrey (my nephew) and Lucy’s wedding this Saturday!
Christmas with my 85 year-old mom and family time!
Most importantly, for the first ever Leadership Institute of the Center for Reconciliation’s Great Lakes Leadership Institute. To be held at the National Seminary Gaba, Uganda, from Jan 16-22, 2011, the historical event promises a number of significant highlights:
- Close to 150 participants: Christian leaders from 10 African countries in the East African region and beyond
- Representing a cross section of Christian denominations and non-denominations (“the most ecumenically diverse gathering I have ever been to in Africa” according to one key leader): Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal, Methodist, Quaker, Free Church, Baptist….
- Five days of fellowship, interaction and learning around the theme of “Christian Leadership for Reconciliation: ‘A new Creation….the old is gone, the new is here’”
- Plenary sessions and seminars led by some of the most outstanding Christian leaders in the region: leaders like Catholic Archbishop John Baptist Odama (of Gulu, chairperson of the Uganda Catholic Bishops Conference; Anglican Bishop Zac Niringiye (Kampala Diocese), Maggy Barankitse of maison Shalom, Angelina Atyam, of Concerned Parents Association, Jane Wathome of Beacon of Hope Africa, Celestin Musekura of Alarm; Bishop Paride Taban of Kuron Peace Village & many others…
- A day pilgrimage to St. Josephine Kizza’s (a widow) St. Jude’s Organic Farm
- And so many other gifts
Please keep the success of the Leadership Institute in your prayers – and for my own leadership of this historical event.
Advent prayers and wishes for a blessed Christmas.